Lebron sat down with Rachel Nichols and gave one of his first on air interviews since he announced his decision to come back to Cleveland. The full version airs tomorrow on CNN. A couple things from this excerpt:
-LeBron has matured SO MUCH from when he went to Miami in 2010. He found out how hard it is to win and this time isn’t promising championships. I love that move even though he’s playing with a better overall team than he had in Miami. Underpromise and overdeliver. Thats a little Sales 101 for you here at Bottlegate.
– His hairline looks FANTASTIC. I’ll have whatever you’re having, dude.
– LeBron basically says that he would’ve stayed in Miami had the Heat beaten the Spurs in the NBA Finals and won back-to-back-to-back championships.
-Think about this for a second. What happens if the air conditioning in San Antonio doesn’t go out during game 1 of the finals? Imagine if Lebron never cramps up and it’s a whole different ballgame. Imagine if Miami wins that game and then goes on to win the whole series…. Just think about that. The whole NBA landscape is drastically different because of a faulty AT&T Arena air conditioning system. If that air conditioner just works like its supposed to Lebron never comes home; Kevin Love isn’t traded to the Cavs; the Heat probably sign another big name free agent; and Cleveland is stuck watching Anthony Bennett miss wide open layups. Holy shit.
-No carbs, no sugar, no dairy, no refined sugar…. this is literally my worst nightmare ever. I can’t even.
-I never pegged LeBron as a pancake guy. Such an overrated, boring food.
– “Are you quicker on the court now?”
“I am. I am. And that’s not such a good thing for the competition.”
– OH. FUCK. YES. Can’t wait till October 30th.
– Check out Bottlegate tomorrow for coverage of the Cavs media day