Want to pay LeBron James to tweet out your product?
Expect to pay at about $140,000 and even then, the Cleveland Cavaliers forward is not likely to say yes.
Opendorse, a company that specializes in executing and monetizing digital and social media campaigns for athletes, says a tweet from James, who has 23.2 million followers, has the highest value of any U.S. athlete. Each tweet from James has a media value of $139,474, the company said.
$140,00? That it? Seems like a STEAL!
According to Forbes, the median house price in Cleveland, OH is $131,600. So instead of getting that nice 3 bedroom 2 bath house on that quaint one acre lot, you’ll be paying for 140 characters instead. Basically a grand for each letter. Seems like a good investment.
That’s why they call him “The King” I suppose.
Here’s what else you can get with $140k:
- You can buy this $140,000 Hot Wheels Car
- At $7k each, you could buy 20 Tibetan Mastiffs and have the most badass pack of dogs on the planet
- This 2016 Winnebago that I’m sure would look great parked in the Muni Lot on Sundays in the fall
- Buy 3 pairs of these Nike Air Mags for $37,500 each. Perfect for every outfit I suppose.
- This Rolex on Ebay for $135K
- This 1966 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 for $125k
- 9 pairs of diamond contact lenses
- 7,743 Budweiser 24 packs in Steelyard Walmart at $18.08 per case.
- 13,725 Large Romanburger meals from Mr. Hero at $10.20 each
Personally, I’d go with the Romanburgers.
PS- The Bottlegate Twitter account has almost 3,200 followers. I will start sending out your sponsored tweets for $5 a pop. That’s a steal if I’ve ever heard one.
PPS- Yes I realize $140k is the “worth” and not the “cost” of the tweet but that wouldn’t translate to this blog. Sorry.