I stumbled on some tickets just before tip last night and sat down pretty much right when the lights dimmed…I would have never forgiven myself if I missed intros. I could watch this all day. All. Day. The Cavs spare no expense on 70’s throwback night, I’ll tell you that much. They did it RIGHT. From the moment I walked into the Q I felt like I was in Flint, Michigan ready to cheer on the Tropics on to fourth place. Real quick on that:
- Vakidis = Mozgov, obviously (“God damnit Vakidis! Learn fuckin’ English!”
- Downtown Funkystuff Malone/Coffee Black/Clarence Withers = JR Smith
- Scootsie Double Day = Mo Williams
- Twiggy Munson = Andy Varejao
- Dick Pepperfield = Fred McLeod
- Dewie the bear = Vacant. Formerly Perk
- Side note – did NOT know Dewie actually killed someone in real life. Cover your sodas. Dewie loves sugar.
Along with the intro video they played some hilarious stuff during timeouts and in between quarters. Hopefully they release some of that too because you can’t call yourself a Cavs fan until you’ve seen Delly perform Kung Fu Fighting.
Anyway, here are some highlights:
Look how excited JR is
Shump was ALL OVER 70’s night
Andy Varejao, just happy to be here.
If Usher and John Legend had a baby and that baby was actually their father from the 70’s
Tristan stays boxing out
Again, Andy’s just happy to be here
Maybe we do have a Dewie
PS Whaddup LeFunky
UPDATE: Behind the scenes video, narrated by Mo Williams