The Monday Morning Disappointment Blog
Everything about yesterday stunk.
Here’s some game tape:
Wow, the Browns have so many strengths on defense. Just kidding, it’s only one player. F off, CBS.
Hit em with the Silencer, TP
Jamar Taylor looks like he might be a player
14 things I believe I believe about the Browns
- I know we exaggerate a lot on this site but I can honestly say yesterday’s 4th quarter was the least fun I’ve had watching football in a few years. That was brutal.
- Said it last week and am saying it again- Give Terrelle Pryor an extension right now.
- Browns are very poor at covering tight ends. Good thing Rob Gronkowski comes to town next weekend.
- Saw a lot of people blaming Hue Jackson for a fullback fumbling the football. While I usually wouldn’t want my fullback carrying the ball out of a single back set, he’s got to hang on to the ball. It’s not Hue’s fault he fumbled.
- I’m trying to shake this feeling but I see a lot of Colt McCoy in Cody Kessler.
- Taunting call, missed field goals, phantom fumble recovery. It’s always something.
- Already went into detail about Duke’s non fumble, but man, what a terrible terrible call.
8. Counting the preseason, the 2016 Browns have lost 8 games in a row. Now I’m all for getting the #1 pick but I think this young team really really needs a win.
9. 15 carries is not enough for Crowell. He’s the second leading rusher in the NFL, feed him the damn ball.
10. Without Nassib our pass rush is just non existent.
11. Has anyone else noticed that the center position hadn’t really had any issues the past 2 games? Strange coincidence…
12. Wish the officials would pay more attention to making the right call on a fumble rather than throwing a flag for a TD dance or “shooting a bow and arrow.” Such a joke.
13. I just turned 28 this weekend and have come to the realization that I probably won’t see a good Browns team until I’m in my 30s. Do you have any idea how depressing that is? A whole lifetime of bad football.
14. I can’t really bitch too much. Literally every other team I root for is in the mix to win a championship this year.
Around the league
- Did not foresee the 2 best teams in the NFC from last season each starting 1-3
- Every time Julio Jones does something good I throw up a little
- New England coming off of an embarrassing loss to Buffalo AND getting the best quarterback of all time back? Good fucking luck, Browns.
- Does anyone else not enjoy NFL Sundays as much as they used to? Don’t know if it’s the fact that the Browns stink or if the NFL product stinks, but I haven’t had a fun NFL Sunday in awhile.
- It’s nice to see Baltimore finally lose. They were the biggest 3-0 fraud team in the league. I don’t think the Ravens make the playoffs.
- Watching Zeke and Dak Prescott eases the pain of having to sit through nationally televised Cowboys games. That duo is a lot of fun.
- It used to be the Bucs but the Colts are my new most hated team. F the Colts, man.
On to New England