The Browns host the Jets today in the rain and while we’re all waiting for the Indians game to start, we put together a photo gallery of the Jets cheerleaders and fanbase. The pics could be funny, weird, hot, disturbing, etc. Here are what the fine fans of the New York Jets look like:
Tag Archives: new york jets
Your Cleveland Browns Week 1 Heroes And Zeroes
Totally new and original concept here on Bottlegate dot com. Every Tuesday or so we’ll be posting what was good and what was bad about the Browns game from Sunday. You could say we’re a bunch of Internet content trailblazers and you’d probably be right.
As you may have guessed, there are A LOT of zeroes when you lose 31-10.
And we’re off!
Andy Lee: When you start a blog post about what was good about the Browns on Sunday and it leads off with the punter, you know you’re in for a treat. Like I said in the Game Tape, Andy Lee has a fucking bazooka as a leg. Just look at these numbers:
Might even have to get me a Lee jersey.
Brian Hartline: 2 catches for 20 yards doesn’t do anything to make it move but that one hander was super nice. Also, we need to have a serious talk. If I hear one more person refer to Hartline as a “professional,” I’m going to blow my brains out.
Travis Benjamin: 3 catches 89 yards with a 54 yard bomb from Manziel. Travis carried his solid preseason over to game one. He’s on pace for 1,424 receiving yards and 16 touchdowns this season. He’ll obviously probably get that.
1st half Johnny Manziel: Manziel ended the first half 4-6 for 93 yards 1 TD and had a 149.3 passer rating. He looked in control and confident. I’d murder someone if my quarterback could put up those numbers every half.
Austin Davis: If McCown is unable to go on Sunday then we’ll be one play away from Austin Davis leading us to the promised land.
Physics and gravity: We all know F=MA so when Josh McCown is running full speed and a 6’2 240 linebacker is running full speed, the linebacker will usually win. Add in the fact that McCown was airborne which means the linebacker will always win and Josh will always get a concussion.
The Muni Lot: Heard from our Snapchat correspondents that the Jets tailgate scene sucks and the Muni Lot shits on whatever thing they do outside of MetLife. No surprise. Lose the game, win the party. Always.
2nd half Johnny Manziel: 9-18 89 yards one interception and two fumbles. The ol’ Jekyll and Hyde. Obviously the lack of running game hurt our passing attack but Johnny has to take care of the football. This team can’t afford to have 3 turnovers in a half. 99% of teams in the NFL can’t afford to have 3 turnovers in a half.
Joe Haden: Brandon Marshall didn’t put up huge numbers but there was a stretch in the 3rd quarter when everything was snowballing and we needed someone to make a play on defense. Instead, Brandon Marshall started big dicking around and decided to catch everything thrown his way. Marshall only finished with 6 catches for 62 yards receiving but it was the timing of those catches while being guarded by Haden that really stood out.
Offensive line: Yuck. Puke. The Jets have a very formidable front seven but there were no holes to be seen. When your leading rushers are your quarterbacks when they scramble, you know your rushing offense needs work.
My friends who went to NYC for the weekend: Hey idiots way to waste all your money just to see the Browns lose by 21 points! Hope that Saturday morning 6:30 am flight out of Akron-Canton was worth it, chumps.
Pass rush: It’ll be a lonnnngggg season if the defense is unable to put pressure on the quarterback. If we give Flacco, Dalton, or Big Ben the time we gave Fitzpatrick on Sunday we won’t win one divisional game. Pass rush needs to step up in a big way next weekend when they go up against a rookie quarterback.
Anyone who watched: Self explanatory. We’re all zeroes.
My waistline: When the Browns lose I get depressed. When I get depressed I eat and drink beer as a coping mechanism. Don’t think the Browns win many games this season so my 10-15 lb weight gain in the fall is inevitable. When November and December roll around I’ll have a beard and be permanently living in baggy hoodies. Can’t see a double chin under a beard or fat rolls under baggy hoodies.
Bring on the Titans!
Browns- Jets Monday Game Tape; Nowhere To Go But Up! Maybe. Hopefully.
Nowhere to go but up, baby!
Not many teams are able to overcome their starting quarterback getting a concussion on the first drive, 5 turnovers, and 12 penalties… add in the fact it’s a season opener and it says “Cleveland” on the front of their jerseys and yesterday’s loss was basically inevitable.
If we’re being honest, I can’t remember being more let down after a season opener in some time. Whatever could go wrong, did, and the Browns were never able to get out of their own way. Sigh. Ugly ugly loss.
Let’s look at the damn game tape.
Browns fans invaded the MetLife parking lots and things got pretty wild
Thought there was no chance the Browns were going to lose when Dwyane Wade showed up to the game in a Jets jersey
You knew we were in for a wild ride when Karlos Dansby somehow got lined up at cornerback (I don’t believe the Browns were in man coverage here but I could be wrong)
After moving the ball about 90 yards down the field on a pretty spectacular opening drive, Josh McCown thought he was John Elway and attempted the diving helicopter spin. Unfortunately for Josh, he is no Elway. He’s McCown. Oh, and he’d be knocked out of the game with a concussion after this hit.
Pretty nice hangtime though
Enter Mr. Jonathan Paul Manziel
And Johnny looked good his first couple of drives. He broke Antonio Cromartie’s ankles and completely emasculated him
Threw a bomb to Travis Benjamin for 6. His first passing TD ever
On 3rd and 19 no less
Things were looking up, Tashaun Gipson picked off Mr. Harvard…. but then got stripped by Brandon Marshall. Turning point in the game right here.
Now I know how Miami Hurricanes fans felt in that ’02 championship.
Andy Lee boomed a punt and Craig Robertson gave us a top 10 celebration dance after he made a nice tackle
When Hartline made this catch I thought it would be our day. Nah…
Don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say this is one the better catches you’ll see.
Johnny missed an open Andrew Hawkins in the end zone for a touchdown. If Hawk was taller than 4’2 it’s a catch but Johnny needs to complete that pass. Another play that could have changed the game that the Browns didn’t make. Can’t afford to leave touchdowns on the field.
(photo via @Mr_kevinjones)
Tramon Williams did his best Brock Lesnar impression. Suplex city, bitch.
Karlos Dansby made a nice stop at the goal line that didn’t really mean much. Nice hit though.
Brandon Marshall abused Joe Haden in the second half
Andrew Hawkins might be dead
Johnny Manziel fumbled approximately 15 times. Thought he had big hands?
And then the clock hit zero and the Browns lost 31-10.
0-1 to start the season, where have we heard that before??? 11 straight opening day losses. I’m not even mad, that’s incredible.
Couple quick thoughts
- Saw this on Twitter- The Browns had 230 days to prepare for this game… and we got… that
- Our supposed strength (offensive line) was pretty subpar yesterday. Pass protection was OK… but the run game struggled when the offensive line was unable to open holes. Jets do have a very good defense but come on.
- You’ll never win a game in the NFL if your top 2 rushers are both of your quarterbacks.
- A pass rush would be pretty cool. No sacks + no pressure = an average quarterback like Ryan Fitzpatrick being able to convert important 3rd downs and throwing 2 touchdown passes. Opposing quarterbacks are salivating to play this pass rush.
- Hey Josh, you’re 36. Can’t be taking those hits, bro. We love your passion and the fact you try and gain every last inch, but let’s tone down the intensity a little bit. You’re not Marshawn Lynch.
- Thought Johnny looked… ok? He didn’t take one snap with the 1st team offense the whole week leading up to practice, and it showed. He seemed much more comfortable in the pocket than last year and actually looked like he belonged in the NFL. I think the fumbles were a result of him trying to do too much and trying to come back from a big deficit. If this team finds itself in a 10-14 point hole and has to play from behind, this could be a long season.
- Good luck throwing to those Grade A playmakers whoever gets the start under center.
- Tramon Williams looked pretty good.
- Andy Lee has a fucking BAZOOKA for a leg.
- Why does Joe Haden seem to always struggle at the beginning of the season? I thought he’d shut down Marshall because he usually has trouble with the quick, shifty, smaller receivers (Antonio Brown). I’m not entirely concerned with our Pro Bowl cornerback but he had a pretty rough week one.
- How stupid will the folks in Berea look if Marcus Mariota (who they were interested in drafting) comes into First Energy Stadium and lights up this Browns defense? Don’t even want to think about that.
- Run defense looks improved. JK. It still stinks.
Nowhere to go but up!
In other news, the Bottlegate Snapchat was turnt AF. Go follow it. Username: Bottlegate.