So as some of you may know I went and chopped it up with Craig Lyndall from Waiting For Next Year (the OG’s of the Cleveland sports blog scene) last night on his podcast. We talked about sports media today, blogs, media in Cleveland, “OIC” stuff, and the Cavs.
Full admission- I was nervous as hell and truly thought I would turn into a mute once the pod started rolling. Thankfully by some act of God I was able to speak and have actual words fall out of my mouth.
Go check it out.
I’ve listened to the first 10 minutes so far and all I could think of was this line from Beanie from Old School as he’s wrapping up his speech at Frank’s wedding:
I’m not a talker. I’m not a talker.
Big S/O and thanks to Craig for having me. If I ever get invited back on I’ll be sure to bring way more hot takes.
PS- Really need to work on not mumbling “yeah” every time Craig says something. C’mon Mike, act like you’ve been there before.
That face you make when we finally put our “Drink Like A Brown” shirts up
CLICK HERE TO BUY
All week long people have been tweeting us “Where can we get those “Drink Like A Brown” shirts? Well I’ve been waiting for the right time to throw them up on the blog and there’s no better time than right now.
Huge division win vs. the hated Ravens. Huge huge win. What’s even better is that Peyton Manning comes to town next weekend and we have a chance to get to .500… What better shirt to wear while boozing your face off in the Muni Lot next Sunday than this baby?
CLICK HERE TO BUY
I’ll sweeten the deal a little more- If you screenshot your receipt and tweet or Direct Message it to @Bottlegate, I’ll personally send you 2 of these koozies for absolutely free. You MUST tweet us the screenshot to get them.
Best deal ever or best deal ever?
Time for the first edition of our 2015 Cleveland Browns Drinking Game. You know what they say “If the team on your TV isn’t very good, it’s time to get wasted.” If you don’t look like this after this Browns game, then you’re doing it wrong:
We’ll try and post a new drinking game every week with rules specific to each Browns opponent. Bring on the god damn Jets.
1 healthy gulp
- Camera shows Johnny Manziel on the sidelines
- Karlos Dansby solo tackle
- Camera shows Mike Pettine on the sidelines and he has zero expression on his face
- Either team kicks a field goal
- Any turnover
- View of the NYC skyline
- Any penalty
- A Browns player gets a sack
- A Browns player (besides Joe Haden) breaks up a pass
- Every time an analyst says the word “Harvard”
- Every time an analyst says “Revis Island”
- Mention of Terrelle Pryor getting cut
- Joe Haden pass breakup
- The words “elbow” and “Johnny Manziel” are mentioned in the same sentence
- “Buster Skrine used to play for the Browns”
- Either team scores a touchdown
- A mention of the Browns lacking playmakers on offense
- Mention of Geno Smith getting punched
- Mention of Ray Farmer texting
- Paul Kruger sack
- Mention of the Browns new uniforms
- Mention that Pettine used to coach for the Jets
- Either team goes 3 and out
- Brian Hoyer is mentioned
Finish your beer
- The telecast brings up the Browns record in season openers
- Josh McCown throws a pick six
- Either team scores on a safety
- Joe Haden or Darrelle Revis interception
- A quarterback is knocked out of the game
- Johnny Manziel passing or rushing touchdown
Shotgun/Beer bong/Full chug
- A defensive player scores a TD (either team)
- A game winning or tying field goal
- A touchdown as time runs out at the end of the game
- Browns win